ABA Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
Treating the whole person and restoring him or her to a state of wellness – physically, mentally, vocationally, spiritually and within the family system. I believe that this almost always requires a multimodal approach to pain.
Palliative or end-of-life care, peripheral neuropathies, including diabetic neuropathies and HIV-related neuropathies, fibromyalgia, diffuse body pain, myofascial disease, addiction medicine and pain in those with substance abuse issues, and failed back and neck syndromes
My mother and grandmother were registered nurses and I was interested in medicine and science at a very early age. When I was in college I traveled to Nicaragua and witnessed the total lack of medical care. This confirmed for me my choice to pursue a career in medicine and public health.
Professional Certifications & Associations
- ABA Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Fellowship at Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- Residency at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internship at Catholic Health Partners Chicago, IL
- M.D. from Tufts University, Boston, MA
- B.A. Smith College, Northampton, MA
“When not with my patients, I enjoy… traveling, especially to exotic locations, hiking and snorkeling, reading, watching films and TV, photography, doing puzzles and crosswords, and spending time with my 3 cats.